Friday, February 05, 2010

Shear Genius 2 on Shear Genius 3 - Glenn Mitchell

Several former Season 2 stylists have volunteered to give us their thoughts on Season 2. Be prepared for snark and brutal honesty!

First up, the lovely and talented Glenn Mitchell.


Shear Genius 3 episode one left me with a bit of emptiness. These contestants were supposed to be stronger, faster, hotter, and more talented then the the 2 previous seasons. Ummm not so much. The first challenge of the evening should have been the elimination challenge. A makeover will always take longer then a "styling" challenge.

Now... Let's pick the hots and nots. Right off, I will probably never like hairdressers named Matthew, and this one reminds me of a troll doll. Glad the Aussie went home, his half-relaxed hot mess hair would have made me start scratching myself like a junkie if I had to continue to look at it all season. Shirley Temple's brother, let's just call him GetMo, because I think he may do some things to hair that we just don't need to know about!

Now Ms. Fabulous, any girl threatening to send people home in a body bag is a girl after my own heart, didn't show much last night.... But I think she is one to watch! I think the Nashville boy who uses Kim Vo's plastic surgeon should be entertaining. And the little girl from Pixie Hollow (pixie blade), Amy has my curiosity up. I am excited to see what next week brings.... Hopefully a personality to Camila.
You can find Glenn at shine(salon) in Decatur, AL, and on her Web site.