Friday, February 19, 2010

Shear Genius 2 on Shear Genius 3 - Glenn Mitchell

Episode 3 starts off with a bang....or a barf shall we say. Not that I don't have sympathy for those who have fallen ill, but GA-ROSS!!! Adee could have at least ran out of the room instead of throwing up his cheerios in front of the clients. With that being said, let me back up a bit.

I love this challenge...extensions on men! I really felt that most of the stylists would fail miserably on this challenge and the fact that several of them actually did a good job and made the styles blend and look realistic took me by surprise.

Brig is a nut, but one thing you can say is that girl is entertaining! "Billy Ray called..he wants his mullet back." I about spit coke all over my coffee table! Major complaint with her is that she is very unprofessional with her clients. I know, I know ....it's TV, but they are your clients and when she told her guy that his hair was "Very Bowly", I hung my head! Is that a technical term in Simi Valley?

I can't believe I'm saying this because of my loath of all people named Matthew, but he rocks my socks! I'm sure at some point he's going to do a big ole' face plant, but as of right now he is rockin' out every challenge! Although he is very F.I.G.J.A.M! "I don't toot my own horn, but I'm really good at extensions." Well.....toot toot Matthew! And for those of you who don't know what FIGJAM is, I learned this gem from (hair stylist) Dennis Clendennen and it means. F**k I'm Good, Just Ask Me!

And poor Amy, her client asking her if she knew what she was doing was insulting. I was insulted just watching it. Dude, put your douche back in your pocket and shut up. Pissing off your stylist is not a good way to start the day. I don't think it mattered what she did to his hair, he wouldn't have liked it.

I can't say that I was in love with the elimination challenge. I think Matthew played it safe with the pairings and would have LOVED to see some more drama among the teams. He and Janine worked great together and did a good job....YAWN. April and Jon (or is it Yon, I get confused listening to Camila say his name, but then I heard someone else say Yon, but it's spelled Jon...ARGH!) anyway, they did an okay job....YAWN. Brain and Amy, another just okay job..YAWN. Adee and Faatemah... YAWN, and Brig...wow did she pull that out in the end, but yet another YAWN!

I love love loved me some Faatemah and I DO NOT...repeat DO NOT think that she should have been the one to go home, but I was very curious as to why she put a butt on the front of her models head. The judges were being nice calling them cinnabuns, but we all know it looked like a butt crack! Don't lie....you thought it!

For next week, please let Adee do a decent style or at least calm down the attitude. I'm having flashbacks of when I was sent home before someone way more deserving of the boot!


You can find Glenn at shine(salon) in Decatur, AL, and on her Web site.