Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Fun Facts about "Launch My Line."



After watching a screener of the first episode of Launch My Line I have to admit that I'm kind of captivated. It's a lot of fun - and frankly - I could use some fun.

Here are my impressions, in no particular order.

1. This show matches up "celebrities" who want to launch a line, with "designers" who will win $50,000 if they are teamed with the winning celebrity. There is tremendous potential for drama.

Imagine that the "celebrity" (without any understanding of pattern-drafting, sketching, or fabrication) describes something and expects the designer to execute it by mind-reading. That's kind of the premise of the show.

2. I have seen Patrick McDonald at Bryant Park, but I never understood who he was, or what he does. Apparently he is a "dandy." What does a dandy do? Anyway, after watching the episode, I'm rooting for him. He's very likeable and kind of sweet and humble. Patrick is paired with Roberto De Villacis. I'm pretty sure Patrick will be the subject of a Limerick very soon.

3. Amanda Fields is modeling!

4. Merle "Peg Bundy" Ginsberg, is awfully sure of herself.




5. Dean and Dan Caten are cute and certainly qualified hosts, but they have really annoying voices. Eminently mockable. This is a parody waiting to happen.
Click here for an interview with the twins from Boston.com.



6. Roberto De Villacis is a "couture" designer who has worked with Carrie Underwood, however, he is NOT responsible for this. Also, he obviously believes that he is the "star" of the show. He's a riot.



This is the kind of casting that we tune in to Bravo for.

"Launch My Line" premieres on December 2nd. Click here for more.