Thursday, May 28, 2009

Advice column on Slate -- "how do I deal with my wife's addiction to Bravo TV?"

In the May 28 advice column called Dear Prudence on Slate.com, a husband asks for advice on dealing with his wife's addiction to Bravo TV: "the accumulated Housewives of Orange County, Top Chef, and Millionaire Matchmaker, etc., is driving me bonkers. I feel as if I'm constantly letting the vapid, catty, self-centered individuals from these television shows into my home. To combat her watching this dross, I've tried bribery, negotiation, walking (storming) out of the room, and suggesting other projects."

Prudence defends a few shows in Bravo's lineup, suggests regular outings away from TV, and concludes, "If she can't make that concession, maybe it's time for the camera crew to move in."

Are YOU addicted to Bravo? Can you suggest a 12-step program for this beleaguered couple?