Friday, June 05, 2009

Field Report - Bethenny Frankel in Bryn Mawr

Bethenny Frankel of the hit Bravo reality show 'The Real Housewives of New York City' held court at the super-chic SKIRT, a boutique in the Philadelphia suburb of Bryn Mawr. The store was a hive of activity as Skinnygirl Margaritas freely flowed and Bethenny's New York Times Bestseller, 'Naturally Thin: Unleash Your SkinnyGirl and Free Yourself from a Lifetime of Dieting' quickly sold out. There were burly security guards that may have been stationed to control rogue Main Line housewives but the line that snaked throughout the store was orderly, patient and fashionably dressed. Every now and then someone would comment about Bethenny, "She's gorgeous!" or "She's so tiny!" but the talk in the line was about the recent season of RHWoNYC and how Frankel had established herself as their favorite.

When it was my turn to get my book signed (and an additional copy which we will give away) I just had to tell her, "By the way, you DID look adorable in that Zac dress." (Click here for her reaction.) She laughed and replied, "I love that dress." (Click here for the video that prompted my comment and to see the dress.)

In case you're wondering, a Skinnygirl Margarita is a very strong drink that is meant to be slowly sipped rather than guzzled. Delicious - but did I mention it was strong?

Bethenny was completely gracious and she charmed her audience at SKIRT. Check here to find out about her upcoming appearances. Now I'm off to unleash my inner skinnygirl!